| ALL Healthy snack Egg whites Dessert Eat clean Fitnessprint Blessedbodies365 Coconut oil Honey Sweet treat Teambb Team blessed bodies Fitnessprint Blessed bodies Fatima leite kusch Fitness Ifbb Bcabba Kelowna Vancouver Coaching Bikini Figure Athlete Fitnessmodel Fitness model Health Contest prep Competition Bodybuilding Bodybuilder Protein Protein powder Protein bars Protein snack Chocolate Brownies Clean eating Snack Femcamp Monicabrandt Monica brandt Team blessed bodies Teambb Fp Teamblessedbodies Theresa jenn lopetrone Theresa lopetrone Theresajenn Peanut butter Snacks Eat clean diet Oats Oatmeal Cake Clean snack Mom Mum Mothers Mothers day Mothersday Fitmoms Fit pregnancy Pregnancy Yoga Canada Usa Gratutude Wellness Vegetarian Peppers Tuna Veggies Eatclean Tosca reno Clean recipe Recipes Blessed Npaa Fitnessprint Physique Wbff Wbff pro diva fitness model Spinach Smoothie Healthy snacks Training Clean recipes Sweet potato Healthy eating Yogurt Teamblessedbodies Calgary Kevin ashby Pasta Salad Healthy cooking Photography Photographer Trendicreative Model Vegetarian Dip Flax oil Udos oil Thewbff The wbff Pro diva fitness model Beauty Fashion Blessedbodies Essentia Essentia water Theresa jenn Alkaline Diet Alkaline diet Pro fitness model Hydration Cardio Coach Contestprep Bread Banana bread Zucchini Healthy living Breast cancer Breast health Ctv Tommy europe Tabata Zhumba Richmond oval Exercise Cancer Vegetables Brussel sprouts Side dish Dinner Brown rice Rice Grains Breakfast Pudding Bananas Whole wheat Vegan Nutrition Instafit Inspiration Motivation Milkshake Cleaneating Recipe Baking Cupcakes Cookies Pie Iced cream Cooking Food Meal plans Fatimaleitekusch Cleantreat Sugar free Pancakes Pecan Healthy snack Fitness model Wbff pro fitness model Wbff pro Oxygen magazine Oxygen Oxygenmagazine Personal training Personal development Miriamkhalladi Miriam khalladi Realtalkrealwomen Real talk real women Interview Video Model Modeling Paul buceta Oxygen magazine Cuba Vacation Transformation Models Paul buceta Goals Zain jamal Theresalopetrone Competition prep Contest pep Grousegrind Grouse grind Client Clients Lifestyle Hiking |
Click to view blog entries by topic.
Clean Baked Alaska
For best results, freeze the yogurt mixture the night before.
Preparations: very simple, just requires over-night freezing before the baking begins.
INGREDIENTS: Frozen Center
The original types of Baked Alaska uses solid ice cream. I improvised with Greek yogurt and found it to be crazy delish and satisfying!
Greek yogurt 2% or plain non-fat
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp coconut oil
5 egg whites
½ tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
stevia to taste
The original types of Baked Alaska has cake on the bottom. I used a Wasa cracker since I had it on hand.
1 Wasa cracker or similar
1. The night before, in a small container mix the ingredients together for the frozen center. Place the container into the freezer and let it freeze overnight. The container should be small, as that will be the size you will be covering with the meringue. When you go to make the Baked Alaska the next day, you’ll want and need the frozen center to be a solid block.
2. The next day when you’re prepared to bake, preheat the oven to 500. Take out the frozen yogurt block and place it on top of a Wasa cracker on a baking sheet.
3. Using a mixer, whisk the egg whites. Start on medium speed, then increase. When the egg whites become stiff, solid white and frothy, lift the whisk up. The egg white mixture should stay tough, solid and extended in the air.
4. Add the cream of tartar, vanilla and stevia to the egg whites. Whisk together again at high speeds, it should become even more stiff.
5. Now comes the fun part! Mold the meringue around the frozen yogurt. Make sure you thickly cover it, in it’s shape. Example: I froze mine in a circular shape, so I sculpted the meringue in a circular fashion.
6. Once all the meringue has been sculpted and it covers the frozen yogurt, place the baking sheet into the oven. It may only take 5 minutes. Let it bake until the meringue turns golden brown.
7. Take out, let cool and enjoy!
Very Cool! How does the frozen center stay frozen, while the outside merigue bakes in the 500 degree oven? The merigue’s thick layer protects the frozen yogurt on the sides, while the Wasa cracker protects it from the bottom. End result? A very satisfying and filling dessert!
Cheat-Free Angel Food Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1) Using a mixer, beat the egg whites until they peak (should be firm and white). I add in a few teaspoons of stevia and 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar while they are beating - just like you do when you make meringue. I would also add in the vanilla here too (I added it in last yesterday, and I lost more volume to my cake batter then I liked)
2) Immediately after, place your remaining dry ingredients (protein powder, tartar powder and stevia) into a sifter and gradually sift them onto your egg-whites, FOLDING them in as you go. You can not mix this like you would a cake batter as you want your Angel Food Cake to be fluffy and airy. Sift a bit of the dry ingredients in, then fold the egg whites over and over until it seems mixed. Repeat until you have mixed all your dry ingredients together.
3) Lightly spray a bread pan (or an Angel Food Cake pan) with non-stick cooking spray. I used a bread-pan as I don’t have the other. Pour mixture into the pan.
4) Place in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes.
5) After 20-25 minutes, turn the oven off and let the cake sit in there for another 20 minutes.
6) Remove from oven. Let cool upside-down.